Monday, July 10, 2006

Lexapro


Lexapro
Originally uploaded by Mike Dec.
I wish my depression had some physical manifestation: a swollen limb, redness of the eyes, or maybe a rash. Something that would alert me of its onset. I end up second guessing every bout of sadness, every disappointment that lingers too long. The chronicity of depression always keeps me on my toes, wondering when it will creep up on me, disguised as loneliness, anger, or inordinate needs for company or seclusion. However, they all somehow end up in the same place for me:despair. These pills are one of the many weapons against it. It amazes me how a bunch of chemicals regulate things so personal to me as my personality, my mood, and my hope.

1 comment:

Erin M said...

I'va always found talking to others in my situation can help put an episode into perspective. I like to visit www.crazyboards.org they have great forums

www.crazymeds.org has wonderful complete information on every mental med you can think of