Sunday, August 06, 2006


My mom was diagnosed with colon cancer this week and they are doing a colon resection today (it's already Monday morning in the Philippines). I deal with disease, sickness, and hospitals all the time and I've been able to use this knowledge as a shield to my own anxiety of having my mom undergo a major procedure for cancer. The helplessness of living overseas as my siblings deal with this on a daily basis sometimes fills me with guilt. They are taking a foot of her sigmoid colon, where CT scans have shown that the lesion is localized.

4 comments:

jenfu said...

Mike,
You and your mother are in my thoughts.
Please take care,
-Fu

Mike said...

Thanks Fu

Unknown said...

Same here with Ev and I.

If you need anything, or if there's anything we can do to help just let us know.

Mike said...

Thanks!