Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Bejeweled Pears


Bejeweled Pears
Originally uploaded by Mike Dec.
As I slowly drift further away from religion (to the horror of my friends and family), I struggle to find my own meaning for the holidays. I've gone from abject loneliness from being away from home to a complete rejection of Christmas: the hollow commercialization, the petty quarrels of "Merry Christmas" versus "Happy Holidays", and the looks of pity I get when I tell people I don't have family or a significant other to spend the holidays with. Sometime this season though, maybe it was that I made concrete plans with my best friends, but I actually felt like decorating. Maybe I fell under the spell of "seasonal decorating", but I actually bought a wreath for myself and hung it over my bed for ME to enjoy. Just don't expect any christmas trees just yet......

No comments: